Home > Lathes > 8K; - 8" x 18" Variable Speed Lathe
8K™ - 8" x 18" VARIABLE SPEED LATHE
A compact benchtop lathe with big lathe features, this heavy-duty South Bend 8K™ will surpass the expectations of the most demanding jeweler, as well as the person making small parts or using this lathe for a hobby.
Weighing in at a hefty 268 lbs., this lathe has a D1-3 camlock mount with a variable speed feature that allows the changing of speeds simply by turning the speed knob. Threads both inch and metric, and includes a threading dial indicator as well as the change gears.
High quality cogged belts are used for power transmission and reduced vibration. Hardened and ground South Bend signature V-Ways for a precise and long life of the lathe bed.
- Swing over bed: 8"
- Distance between centers: 18"
- Swing over cross slide: 5"
- Swing over saddle: 5"
- Cross slide travel: 3-1/4"
- Compound travel: 2-5/8"
- Carriage travel: 17-5/8"
- Spindle nose: D1-3
- Spindle bore: 1-1/8"
- Spindle taper: MT #4.5
- Spindle speeds: (variable) 50 – 2300 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #2
- Tailstock barrel travel: 1-3/4"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1-3/16"
- Inch threads: (12) 10 - 32 TPI
- Metric threads: (12) 0.4 – 3.0 mm
- Longitudinal feed range: 0.003 – 0.006 in./rev.
- Voltage/phase/amps: 120V, single-phase, 10A
- Spindle motor: 1-1/2 HP
- Overall size: 40"W x 18"D x 19"H
- Approximate shipping weight: 268 lbs.
- Hardened and ground signature South Bend® Three V-way bed
- Electronic variable speed controls
- Threading dial indicator
- Emergency stop button
- Inch and metric graduations on tailstock barrel as well as dials
- 4" 3-Jaw chuck with back plate & reversible Jaws
- 4-Way tool post
- MT #4.5 to MT #3 Morse Taper spindle sleeve
- MT #2 dead center
- MT #3 dead center
- Complete set of change gears
- Hex wrench set
- Oil gun
- Tailstock locking wrench
- Tool box